Today is recipe testing day. Because what else do you do on a Sunday? My husband says football. Anyway, I love mint. I especially like mint paired with chocolate. What I don't like are the possible additives you find in your typical chocolate candy. These are made with all natural ingredients, vegan, and made with zero dyes. Believe me if you like chocolate and mint....you NEED to make these.
- heaping 1/2 cup of Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 handful raw spinach (this is the food "dye")
- 2-4 drops pure peppermint extract. I used 4 drops of Doterra peppermint essential oil and it was the perfect amount of mint
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Line a mini muffin tin with 8-10 small liners.
- Boil your cashews for 12 minutes.
- Strain and put right into blender covered.
- For the chocolate layer- put the chocolate chips in a small sauce pan. Heat over low heat and stir until silky, add in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Stir again and add in your vanilla and 1 pinch of salt. Stir and remove from burner.
- For the mint layer- add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to your warm cashews in the blender. Blend until almost smooth. Add a pinch of salt and a couple teaspoons of water if mix seems dry. Add in spinach and maple syrup and blend until everything is smooth. Lastly, add your peppermint and taste. If you need more sweetness or peppermint add it now.
- Place about a tsp of chocolate into each tin. Freeze it for at least 10 min. Add the mint layer once the chocolate is hard. Freeze for another 10 minutes. Lastly add about a tsp of chocolate on top of your mint layer and freeze everything for 30 minutes. Enjoy and try not to eat every last one!